Some thoughts and advice on developing multi-language websites in Umbraco 8
I was recently fortunate enough to get an article published in the 2020 edition of 24 Days In Umbraco - a seasonal tradition that brings together different authors from the community in one big bumper month of knowledge sharing!
I decided to write about my experiences building multilingual websites in Umbraco 8. I'm not going to copy what I've already written, but just give a quick precis and then you can read the full article here.
The article is aimed at developers who are familiar with Umbraco but have maybe not built a multilingual site before (or have only built them in Umbraco 7, which is quite different). The article aims to:
- Provide advice on what you should discuss with your client before starting the build
- Issues you may encounter with repeatable content (eg. Nested Content, Grid or Block List Editor)
- How Examine search changes for multilingual sites
- How to deal with caching across languages
- Tips on how to generate HrefLang tags in Umbraco
- Some code to get your started making a language selector to easily swap between the configured languages in your Umbraco 8 site
So for all the details please have a read of: https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2020/multilingual-websites-in-umbraco-8/