Website Credits Standing on the shoulder of giants
Isaac Newton once famously said:
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
Well, developing a website is a little like that - you rely on the hard work of all the underpaid, over-worked developers who go before you. Many of these offer their work for free as open source. So, I'd like to give a warm hand to...
- I developed this website using the brilliant open-source CMS called Umbraco. Thanks to Niels and all the Umbraco crew and community - you are awesome! I built all the blog engine and templates myself, though. Well, that's my job :)
- The front-end framework makes use of Bootstrap 3 and I've adapted the Slate theme for this site.
- I've used the Snippet syntax highlighting library for, erm, code syntax highlighting in some of the blog.
- Some blog posts have embedded Gists from GitHub, because they're cool.
- The GitHub page uses the GitHubJS plugin.
- Modals (such as on the Photograph pages) are powered by Featherlight - the "ultra slim lightbox".
- I also make liberal use of the Umbraco packages Archetype and Multi Url Picker.
- All images are dynamically processed using the outstanding ImageProcessor
- The music pages all uses embedded widgets from the amazing SoundCloud who have saved me both effort and bandwidth
- The site makes use of Cloudflare to provide HTTPS support and caching of static assets - they offer a fantastic service